FirstCheckFamily.com accepts the following debit and credit cards:
- Discover Network
- American Express
- Visa or MasterCard check cards or ATM cards
You can use debit cards issued by the companies above as well as their standard credit cards. For example, if you are paying with a Visa Check Card please select Visa on the order page when indicating the card type. Similarly, if you are paying with a MasterMoney Card, select MasterCard.
Only credit/debit cards that are issued from financial institutions located in the United States will be accepted as forms of payment.
When you place an order with a credit/debit card on FirstCheckFamily.com, we contact your card's issuing financial institution to confirm that your credit card has a valid number and has not been reported as lost or stolen. This is communicated via a full authorization for the amount of the purchase.
If you make changes to your order, cancel items, or your order ships in more than one shipment, your card may be authorized for each change and funds may be reserved against your account for each authorization. Some financial institutions have been known to hold these authorizations for 7-10 business days.
Your credit/debit card will not be charged until the product has shipped from our facility.
What you are seeing in your account is a result of the financial institution's policy regarding what they call a Pending Transaction. Even when no charge is actually made, the financial institution will hold the funds as "pending" in anticipation of the expected charge. Different financial institutions have different policies regarding this type of transaction.
The following is a general definition as provided by one such financial institution. Your institution may have a different policy, so we would recommend contacting your personal financial institution for further details.
Credit Card Pending Transactions
A Pending Transaction is an item that has not yet posted to your account but is pending and therefore held against your available credit. Normally, a pending item converts into a posted transaction, but if a merchant does not complete the transaction it will expire and the temporary funds hold will be removed. Some merchants such as gas stations will only authorize your account for $1.00; however, the transaction will post to your account for the total amount of your purchase. If you see a transaction listed as pending that has already posted to your account, it will no longer have an effect on your available credit, however it will continue to display as a Pending Transaction for 7 days from the transaction date.
To protect your security and privacy, your financial institution cannot provide First Check Rapid Diagnostics with information about why your payment was declined. Because of this, you most likely will need to contact your financial institution directly to solve most payment issues. See more payment information below, under "why wasn't my payment accepted."
Here are steps you can take to resolve payment issues:
- Verify the payment information entered on your order. Did your billing address change recently or did you get a new card with a new expiration date? If you used a payment method previously saved to "My Account", you may simply need to update your information. If you entered a new payment method, make sure you entered the number and other information correctly. Visit the Payment Details section of the Order Summary page when you checkout to update the payment information on an open order.
- Contact your financial institution to resolve payment issues even if:
- You have successfully used the payment method on a previous order.
- Part of your order has already charged and shipped successfully.
- You have funds available in your financial institution or credit account to cover the order cost.
- Contact your financial institution about payment security policies. Your financial institution may flag any unexpected activity on your account. This includes first time orders and high value purchases, regardless of the amount of funds available (or credit limit). Your financial institution may require your verbal authorization to proceed with a transaction
- Contact your financial institution about daily withdrawal or purchase limits. Most financial institutions have limits on how much money can be charged or accessed in a single day. If you exceed this daily amount, your financial institution may block your account from any further activity regardless of available funds in the account. Your financial institution may require you to request a higher purchase limit to complete the transaction.
- Contact your financial institution about payment authorizations and reserved funds. If your payment is declined due to lack of available funds, contact your financial institution to confirm if the reserved funds are authorizations, verify the amount of time they hold authorizations, and request that they remove any extra authorizations to free up funds in your account.
First Check can ship to virtually any address in the United States. We currently do not ship overseas (with the exception of U.S. territories and APO/FPO addresses) or to PO Boxes.
FirstCheckFamily.com orders can be shipped to military addresses. When setting up your account, please enter the APO or FPO address using these steps:
- Country Field: Enter "United States".
- State/Zip Code: Enter the correct Zip Code, and for State choose from "Armed Forces Atlantic," "Armed Forces," or "Armed Forces Pacific."
- City Field: Enter "APO" or "FPO."
Following these steps will ensure that your order will be shipped to the correct APO/FPO address. The order will be sent via U.S. Postal Service. We estimate 5 to 7 business days for delivery once the order has been shipped; however, some destinations may take up to 21 days.
Shipping costs for FirstCheckFamily.com orders depend on the option you choose. All packages are shipped via Fedex.
- Standard Ground Shipping - FREE with online or mobile orders $35 or greater.
- Standard Ground Shipping - $5.00 for orders less than $35.
- Two-Day Priority Shipping & Overnight Shipping - will be charged based on weight of the entire order.
The rates above do not apply to shipping to U.S. territories, which include American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. These territories have their own Territory Shipping rates and business day delivery times. Please also keep in mind that any of these shipments to the U.S. Territories can be delayed in customs, which would consequently delay delivery.
All orders placed before 2 p.m. ET will ship same day. This includes all FedEx service levels.
- Standard Ground Orders - Most orders will be delivered within 3-5 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- 2-day Shipping - Priority orders will be delivered within 2-3 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Overnight Orders - Overnight orders will be delivered within 1-2 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays) according to the following:
Orders will be processed Monday through Friday, excluding the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- The Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
All orders placed through FirstCheckFamily.com are shipped with no signature required. If you want your order to only be released with a signature, please place your order over the phone with our customer service department at 1- 888-788-5716.
If a product is in stock, the Add to Cart button will be blue. If a product is on back order the Add to Cart button will go from blue to an orange "Backorder" button.
You may still place an order for a product that is on back order, but the product will not ship until it is back in stock. If a group of items is purchased, the items that are currently in stock will still be shipped. You will only be charged for the products once they have shipped.
Log in to your account, and once on the My Account Page, click on Address Book. Select "Add New Address" and follow the directions to add a new address.
You may use different shipping and billing addresses, but the billing address you enter must match the billing address on your credit/debit card.
Unfortunately, orders already in the shipping process cannot be modified.
You can view the order status by visiting the My orders section in the My Account Area. Please note that orders cancelled or declined will not be processed.
For more information or assistance, contact the First Check Customer Service Team at 1-888-788-5716, Monday — Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST
To return your purchase(s), please include a copy of the original packslip. If the packslip is not available, please include the following information with your return:
- Order number
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- E-mail address
- Phone number (where we can contact you should we have questions about your order)
Please ship your return to the following address:
569 Halls Mill Road
Freehold, NJ 07728
We suggest you return your purchase(s) using a trackable shipping method, as we cannot be responsible for any returns that do not make it to the warehouse. Please note that shipping charges on the original order cannot be refunded. Additionally, your return must be received at our warehouse within 60 days of delivery to be eligible for a refund.
Please contact Customer Service at 1-888-788-5716, Monday — Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST with any questions.
If your shipment arrives damaged or you receive the wrong product, please call the First Check Customer Service Team at 1-888-788-5716, Monday — Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST for replacement or appropriate credit and instructions for return of the product. Please note we cannot handle store-purchased product. The customer service representatives will need your order number, so have it ready when you call.
Credit or refunds will be issued once we have received the returned product. A copy of your packing slip must be sent with returns. Priority or next-day air shipping charges on the original order cannot be refunded. Refunds may take 4 weeks to process.
Orders may only be cancelled within 2 hours of initial order placement. Call 1-888-788-5716, Monday — Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST for assistance.
We will issue a refund after we receive and process your return. For items returned to our warehouse, you may expect your refund within 4 weeks of giving your package to the return shipper (though in many cases you will receive the refund sooner).
- Verify if you entered your payment information correctly on your order.
- Cancel your order.
- Return a product.
- Change the shipping address on an order that is not already processed.